The Postal Museum reveals the surprising and fascinating story of the first social network and makes our extraordinary collections available and enjoyable for all.
From interactive galleries to an immersive subterranean rail ride, modern research facilities to a wide-range of learning activities, The Postal Museum offers something for everyone, from all backgrounds and of all ages.
Ultimately, behind The Postal Museum lies the Postal Heritage Trust, an independent charity created to protect and share this rich history.
Get up close to designs by giants of 20th century graphic art who designed posters for Transport for London as well.
Descend into the former engineering depot of Mail Rail – the one hundred year old Post Office railway – board a miniature train into the original tunnels.
- See the original and largely unchanged station platforms, deep below Royal Mail’s Mount Pleasant sorting office.
- Take in a theatrical experience that travels back in time to the railway’s lively 1930s heyday.
- See and hear the people who worked on it, experience their lives below ground and glimpse hidden parts of the railway that once kept the mail coursing through London for 22 hours every day.
Experience 15 minutes of immersive underground exploration. There’s even a surprise or two
Explore the extraordinary stories behind Mail Rail – from conception to resurrection – and the people who made it all possible.
This Day Trip Includes:
- Return coach travel with allocated seat
- Return Wightlink ferry
- Local Pick-ups
- Services from your dedicated driver
- The service, security and guarantee of an experienced tour operator for nearly 30 years
This Day Trip is Part of the “30 Club”
Have a look at our great selection of day tours off the Island to some great destinations around the south, seaside resorts, historic cities and hidden treasures – all for just £30 for a day out!! Tell your friends as the tours need 30 people to run…
To Book Call Brenda or any of the team at IOW Tours on 01983 405116