Go WightAway with IOW Tours this September for a poignant day trip to Bentley Priory Museum in the London Borough of Harrow.
Bentley Priory Museum tells the fascinating story of the beautiful Grade II listed country house, focusing on its role as Headquarters of Fighter Command during the battle of Britain.
Explore the important stories of ‘The One’ Air Chief Marshall Sir Hugh Dowding, ‘The Few’ who took to the air to defend our skies and ‘The Many’ without whose tireless work on the ground victory would not have been possible; discover how technology, leadership and courage forged victory allowing Britain’s darkest hour to also be her finest hour.
The Museum also explores the wider history of Bentley Priory, before the Air Ministry bought it in 1926. Bentley Priory was once home to a hotel, a girls school, and John James Hamilton the 1st Marquess of Abercorn, who commissioned architect Sir John Soane to add Bentley Priory’s architectural splendour in the 1780’s.
There will also be a guided tour of the museum, and afternoon high tea is also included.
Your Go WightAway Day Trip Includes:
- Return Coach Travel with Allocated Seat
- Return Wightlink Ferry Crossings
- Local Pick-ups across the Island and Portsmouth
- Entrance to Bentley Priory Museum with Guided Tour
- Afternoon High Tea – Please Advise Dietary Requirements
- Services of Your Dedicated Driver
- The Service, Security & Guarantee of an Award-Winning Tour Operator with over 30 years experience.
To Book, Call Brenda or any of the team at IOW Tours on 01983 405116