Enjoy a stunning 6-day break this July as we GoWightAway to Stratford and the Cotswolds.
Stratford-upon-Avon, a medieval market town in England’s West Midlands, is the 16th-century birthplace of William Shakespeare. Possibly the most famous writer in the English language, Shakespeare is known for his sonnets and plays such as ‘Romeo and Juliet’ and ‘Hamlet’. The Royal Shakespeare Company performs his plays in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and adjacent Swan Theatre on the banks of the River Avon.
The Ettington Chase Hotel, your accommodation for your stay, is set in 11 acres of landscaped grounds, only 6 miles from Stratford-upon-Avon. The hotel itself boasts a large swimming pool, sauna and fully equipped state of the art gym. The stylish bedrooms feature modern oak furniture, flat screen TV’s and free WiFi. The Tempus Bar and Restaurant features seasonal menus and room service is also available. Stratford-upon-Avon, just 10 minutes drive away, offers an exciting Shakespeare experience, including Anne Hathaway’s cottage and the Royal Shakespeare Company. Blenheim Palace can be reached in just a 40 minute drive from the hotel, and Warwick Castle is not far either!
We have organised 4 fabulous days out for you to places of amazing interest, including to Churchill’s Family Home of Blenheim Palace and Gardens, The Severn Valley Steam Railway Trip, a full day scenic tour of The Cotswolds with our trusted local guide, and a beautiful cruise on the River Avon.
- Tuesday – Travel to Ettington in the Cotswolds
- Wednesday – Severn Valley Heritage Steam Railway
- Thursday – River Cruise & Full Day Guided Cotswolds Tour
- Friday – Day to Blenheim Palace – return to relax
- Saturday – ½ day to discover Stratford-upon-Avon, then time to relax at your hotel
- Sunday – After breakfast, depart for the journey home, stopping in Oxford for lunch and free time
Your GoWightAway Holiday Includes:
- Half-Board En-Suite Accommodation
- Return Coach Travel with Allocated Seat
- Return Wightlink Ferry Crossings
- 4 Day Trips Out
- Stratford-upon-Avon River Cruise
- Blenheim Palace with Entrance Included
- Severn Valley Stream Railway Trip
- Scenic Tour of The Cotswolds with local guide
First 8 Single Rooms – No Supplement (Single Rooms are limited book early to avoid disappointment)
To Book Call Brenda or any of the team at IOW Tours on 01983 405116